
In New York City in 2059, someone is pursuing missing gems from a decades-old heist...someone who's willing to kill for them. Sharp-witted and sexy, NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas is used to traveling in the shadowy corners outside the law. And in a future where crime meets cutting-edge technology, she will attempt to track down the diamonds once and for all—and stop the danger and death that have surrounded them for years. The story begins in Hot Rocks by Nora Roberts. (jdrobb.com - All Books).
Although this is almost as long a book as the usual "In Death" books, it's actually a novella. Or, what I like to call, and in-between book :)
I found out about this book long after I had passed its chronological place in the series and decided to keep it for later. I'm glad I found out about it because it gave me a chance to see what my favorite characters were up to in between books, ha!
I enjoyed this book a lot actually. I wasn't sure if I would like it as much as the rest of the series because it's a novella. I am not sure what I expected exactly, but it turned out to have the same hilarious and fun characters I love reading about. I'll be sure to add the first part of the story (Hot Rocks) to my must-read list and keep you apprised of what I think of it :).
This story revolves around a woman who wrote a tell-all book about a diamond heist. The story is enticing enough for a killer to come knocking, hunting for the diamonds. It was not as intense as some of the books in the series, but it was a nice mellow read :)
Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.
No comments:
Post a Comment