Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Delusion In Death



It was just another after-work happy-hour bar downtown, where business professionals unwound with a few drinks . . . until something went terribly wrong. And after twelve minutes of chaos and violence, eighty people lay dead.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is trying to sort out the inexplicable events. Surviving witnesses talk about seeing things—monsters and swarms of bees. They describe sudden, overwhelming feelings of fear and rage and paranoia. When forensics gives its report, the mass delusions make more sense: It appears the
bar patrons were exposed to a cocktail of chemicals and illegal drugs that could drive anyone to temporary insanity—if not kill them outright.
But that doesn’t explain who would unleash such horror—or why. And if Eve can’t figure it out fast, it could happen again, anytime, anywhere. Because it’s airborne. . . . (jdrobb.com - All Books).

Delusion was fantastic and finally marks my catching up to the series (bitter sweet moment, sniff ). I was talking to a friend today about the effects of reading so many In Deaths back-to-back and how they can start to get mixed up and become slightly (verrrry slightly) repetitive and then BOOM! Delusion happened.

Talk about gruesome! You have to have a stomach for certain things, and even for me who can handle quite a bit of gore, this was difficult. So many things happened in this book. At one point Eve says "yesterday... had it only been yesterday?" or something to that effect talking about getting to the crime scene. I had the same feeling because I became so involved in the story that it felt like several days had passed.

Very strong story line and concept! I really enjoyed the bit with Sanchez and Carmichael (I won't give it away because it's a great scene) but I have to say I really miss reading about Charles & Louise ... It's been too long since they've made an appearance and I wonder where they've been hiding? Also, will Nadine ever find a love interest?!?! Will something happen with the character from the Celebrity In Death she almost hooked up with? So many questions...


Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment