Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2012

Haunted In Death, Anthology



Number Twelve is an urban legend in 2060 New York City.  The hot club in the 1960s, it is now reported to be haunted? and cursed. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is called there to investigate the apparent murder of Radcliff Hopkins, its new owner and the grandson of the man who made Number Twelve a cultural icon.

Several bullets from a banned gun end his dream of returning the building to its former glory. With everyone around her talking about the supernatural, pragmatic Eve won't let rumors of ghosts distract her from hard evidence. The case becomes even more bizarre when it appears to be linked to the suspicious disappearance of a rock star eighty-five years ago.

As Eve searches for the connection, logic clashes with the inexplicable. She may be forced to face the threat of something more dangerous than a flesh-and-blood killer (goodreads.com).

This was a pretty good book and was quick to read as well. I don't know if I loved it as much as I usually love the series, but it's certainly up there with the ones I like a lot. That was bound to happen at least once, right?

I enjoyed the story and the interaction between the characters (that's a given). The murder is staged to be reminiscent of a crime from almost a hundred years before. What stomps the investigators for a little while is the fact that all the clues point to the original victim, which would make the killer a ghost. Eve's reaction to this idea is pretty funny and even funnier is that everyone around her takes the same information and runs with it, haha!

Another interesting thing about this book is that you never really know whether the crime scene was actually ever haunted, or how the killer knew things from the past... the author leaves that part to our imagination, which I think was nice. I think that was what I liked the most: the sense of wonder and unknown.



Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment