When a monster named Isaac McQueen—who was taken down by Eve back in her uniform days—escapes from Rikers, he has two things in mind. One is to pick up where he left off, abducting young victims and leaving them scarred in both mind and body. The other is to get revenge on the woman who stopped him all those years ago. (jdrobb.com - All Books).
Although the title of this book didn't include the usual "In Death" words, it was no different than the rest of the series. In fact, it was absolutely and unequivocally UNBELIEVABLE!!!
I think over time, whenever I read anything about Eve's past, I imagined she would go back to Dallas and her memory would return. I never imagined it would come back this violently! I remember in previous books where Eve's nightmares were violent, but this was another level all together.
The twist in this story was just a difficult thing to swallow. I would say "what are the odds", but it's a fiction so I have to remember that some things just have to happen in stories like these. All I could think when she figured out who the woman was is "poor Eve"...
I think this was one of the saddest ones I've read, for sure. I put myself in Eve's shoes and don't know how anyone could be this strong and survive. True, she's a fictional character, but she's also so... human, ya know? I won't give anything away from this one because it is exceptional in its rawness and it will leave you either grovelling and begging to be finished off, or begging for more.
Great stuff!
Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.
No comments:
Post a Comment