Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Indulgence In Death

Indulgence in Death

First it was a limo driver shot through the neck with a crossbow. Then it was a high-priced escort found stabbed through the heart with a bayonet.

Random hits, thrill kills, murderers with a taste for the finer things in life-and death-are making NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas angry. And an angry Eve can be just as an efficient and dangerous predator as the killer.


As time runs out on another innocent victim's life, Eve's investigation will take her into the rarefied circle that her husband, Roarke, travels in-and into the perverted heart of madness... (jdrobb.com - All Books)

This was another great read but I really got into it once I got about a third of the way in. At the moment I can only remember one other book where the killer was revealed from the beginning, but made it incredibly difficult for Eve and her crew to catch him, and this one was almost the same.

The case shapes out to be like a deadlier version of Clue where the murders are happening in very strange places, but with even stranger weapons. Eve figures out pretty early on who's responsible, but coming up with evidence is the trick in this one. I really enjoyed the role Roarke played in this case from the beginning. I think the golf scene is my favorite in this book, but there is always the buffet he orders for all the cops that drive Eve crazy. I laughed for a good while :)


Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website: 


No comments:

Post a Comment