Pageviews

Friday, November 16, 2012

Celebrity In Death

Celebrity in Death

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she's managing to have a reasonably good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating The Icove Agenda, a film based on one of her famous cases. It's a little spooky seeing the actress playing her, who looks almost like her long-lost twin. Not as unsettling, though, as seeing the actress who plays Peabody drowned in the lap pool on the roof of the director's luxury building. Now she's at the center of a crime scene-and Eve is more than ready to get out of her high heels and strap on her holster and step into the role she was born to play: cop (jdrobb.com - All Books).

I have so much more respect for JD after reading this book than I already had prior. I don't even know where to begin! The way she intertwined the likenesses of the actors playing the characters of In Death was a stroke of genius! I felt as though I were watching a TV show in which people are pretending to be the main characters, like in an old episode of Castle. It was a lot of fun, especially the parts where Eve & Peabody are on set questioning people in rooms that look like their usual surroundings. Awesome!

I didn't really have an inkling on this one for who the killer was. Every once in a while, my brain gives up and just enjoys the story, ha! It didn't bother me one way or another, it just didn't jump at me when they found the killer. I don't know if it was because I had not gotten involved or connected to the character prior to the reveal. I found myself missing something, but I couldn't say exactly what. Perhaps I wanted more of a take down? Anyway, my only wish was that someone would try to have Eve do a cameo in the vid. Haha, that would have been hilarious :)


Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment