Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2012

Treachery In Death

Treachery in Death

In the latest from the #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon, Eve Dallas tracks down those who break the law-including the ones sworn to uphold it. (jdrobb.com - All Books).

This is why I love J.D. Robb. Every time I make the mistake of thinking I can predict an outcome, she tricks me! This was an amazing read!!! I even dare say one of my top 3 In Death HANDS DOWN! My heart is still pounding with excitement. I finished reading this only a few seconds ago and couldn't wait to write my thoughts down about this book.

***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***

There are so many incredible components to the main case but let me deviate to the two portions that Peabody had a major role in. First, her case at the very beginning that she is primary on. First after giving a uniform instructions, I laughed at the "He called me 'Sir'" she says to Eve (totally picturing the scene). Then when she's talking herself into working out at the gym in Cop Central, and later in the book, when she investigates Devin's murder as a side angle to the big case and gets a loaner ride from Roarke. I just had to say, L.O.V.E.D. every moment of the exchange between her, Eve & Roarke about the "non-flashy" car he picks for Peabody, ha ha!

Onto the main case, there are so many levels of intrigue and intensity that I couldn't possible get into without citing the entire book. Better to just go read it ;), but I will say this (blocking out the name of the suspect), I wish I'd seen more of Detective Jacobson before this book. I must laughed for so long about the exchange and I absolutely have to post it. Be warned, there are LOTS of "F" words in this short paragraph, and well, it's New York =p

Funniest (and most unexpected) scene:
Her own weapon was out as she pivoted and saw Jacobson stick his right in [suspect]'s ear.
"Drop the fucking weapon, you fucking motherfucker or I'll fucking scramble your fucking brains. Hands up! Hands where I can fucking see them, you fucking cocksucker. You fucking breathe wrong, you fucking blink wrong, and I will fuck you up."
...
"On you fucking face, you fucking shit coward. Stream my lieutenant in the fucking back? Fuck you."

Need I say more? Read it, and love it :)

Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment