Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fantasy In Death

cover


30th in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.
Bart Minnock, founder of the computer-gaming giant U-Play, enters his private playroom, and eagerly can't wait to lose himself in an imaginary world—to play the role of a sword-wielding warrior king—in his company’s latest top-secret project, Fantastical.
The next morning, he is found in the same locked room, in a pool of blood, his head separated from his body. It is the most puzzling case Eve Dallas has ever faced, and it is not a game...

NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas is having as much trouble figuring out how Bart Minnock was murdered as who did the murdering. The victim's girlfriend seems sincerely grief-stricken, and his quirky-but-brilliant partners at U-Play appear equally shocked. No one seemed to have a problem with the enthusiastic, high-spirited millionaire. Of course, success can attract jealousy, and gaming, like any business, has its fierce rivalries and dirty tricks—as Eve's husband, Roarke, one of U-Play's competitors, knows well. But Minnock was not naive, and quite capable of fighting back in the real world as well as the virtual one.
Eve and her team are about to enter the next level of police work, in a world where fantasy is the ultimate seduction-and the price of defeat is death... (jdrobb.com - All Books)

I loved this book! Simply loved it... The idea behind it, the concept, the crime, how it was committed, the characters' interaction, everything! It was FANTASTIC (pun intended, ha!). I was starting to get used to and too comfortable with 2060, but this story brought me back (or forward) to the futuristic side of this series, reminding me that it has superior tech. I think I had an idea from the beginning about how the murder was done, but as I read through started wondering if my plot idea would mesh. Later on, I found that it did.

I do have to say that I figured out a few other pieces as I got closer to the end. Maybe I'm starting to think like Eve, or maybe it was just luck this time. Either way, I missed the element of shock and surprise and the "it was you?" moment.

Still, very well played J.D.! I already started the next book, so I already forgot which was my favorite moment of this book. If and when I remember, I will come back and post a couple of lines :)



Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment