Pageviews

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter book 1)

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)

A few weeks back while watching the TV Show "Dexter", I noticed on the opening credits "based on the novel 'Darkly Dreaming Dexter' by Jeff Lindsay. Needless to say, I immediately checked grabbed the entire series from my local library...


The first book was amazing! It was almost like watching the first season of the show all over again. Looking at it with a critical eye, and ignoring the fact that I knew the story before I started reading, I gathered that it was as dark as it sounds when  you first hear what it's about. Dexter is sharp, sarcastic, witty and smart and you can't help but immediately connect to his character (which might be a little disturbing, actually!).

I enjoyed it a lot because I didn't always know what was coming. The show deviated from it toward the end, which means I could be surprised by he twists and turns in the book. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment