A well-off accountant and a beloved wife and mother, Marta Dickenson doesn’t seem the type to be on anyone's hit list. When Eve and her partner, Peabody, find blood inside the building, the lieutenant knows Marta's murder was the work of a killer who's trained, but not professional or smart enough to remove all the evidence.
When someone steals the files out of Marta's office, Eve must immerse herself in her billionaire husband Roarke's world of big business to figure out who's cruel and callous enough to hire a hit on an innocent woman. And as the killer's violent streak begins to escalate, Eve knows she has to draw him out, even if it means using herself as bait. . . . (jdrobb.com - All Books).
Calculated was fantastic! This is the first time I've had to wait for an In Death novel to be released. I sort of miss the days when I was still catching up to the series and had the next one at the ready as though they were in endless supply... I am guessing that is also the reason why it felt as though this book was shorter than the rest, even though it is not (physically, anyway). I enjoyed every minute and am sad that I now have to wait months and months for the next book to be released. Sweet torture!
This is one of the less mysterious cases of the series. I had an idea at first about where the story was going, but then BAM! J.D. threw a curve ball and the story went in an entirely new direction. It's hard to comment without giving things away - which I don't want to do this time - so all I will say is: I want more, I want moooore!
Haha, enjoy!
Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.

No comments:
Post a Comment