
So I waited almost a year for this book, and I think the anticipation was too great. Don't get me wrong... I love Patterson, and I really like the Women's Murder Club series, but now it feels as though the books are getting shorter and shorter :(
I found it hard to accept that the beginning momentum fizzle within the first few pages and the build up was so high, that I expected something crazy to happen, and then nothing. Later on in the story, there were so many moments that seemed like they would turn into something, aaaaand once again, nothing. I don't know if it's because I waited so long, or what, but I was not as much in love with this one as I was with almost all of them so far. I'm a little sad.
As always though, I enjoyed anything that had to do with Conklin (aka Inspector Hottie), but he had the weirdest case this time around. I did enjoy the story but I just didn't feel like I was getting enough out of it; especially since I now have to wait until next spring for 13th book... baaaaahhh!
Stop torturing me, Patterson!!
No comments:
Post a Comment