Pageviews

Friday, March 8, 2013

Twilight

Now Reading:

I have to agree with the majority of my friends and family that read this book: it went by really fast. I was happily surprised that I didn't get bored after the first few pages. I guess the fact that I watched all the movie interpretations first probably helped in visualizing some of the characters, though some sound like they could have been cast better.

I did enjoy the read. It was quick and mostly painless. It's always strange to me whenever I read a new novel in the first person because I feel as though I shouldn't be there almost, but it grew on me after a short while. I was actually surprised at how vividly everything was described, and that only some of the adjectives became repetitive... I mean, how many ways are there to say that Edward looks like the marble statue of a  Greek god? :p.

It was very interesting, so I look forward to reading the rest of the series and closing this chapter of my life. I don't think I'm cut out for fantasy, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

I am dreading New Moon a little bit though because of how depressing everyone told me it would be for 200 pages... we'll see in my next review how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment