
Eve Dallas is the tough lieutenant hot on his trail, but this is unline any ase she's ever been assigned - or any killer she's ever pursued.
A police sketch based on eye-witness testimony reveals the killer has green skin, swollen red eyes, goblin ears, and a dislocated jaw-structure that defies the human form. Is it a mask? is it make-up? Or is the explanation more sinister?
Dallas faces off against multiple suspects-- all of them students of medicine capable of precisely slicing the ears, noses, and eyes of the three victims. But who had the motive? More importantly, what kind of rogue science are these healers practicing? (goodreads.com).
I'm starting to wish more and more that these anthologies were just a tad longer. I think this was by far the most troubling of them I've read - full blown novels included - and there are some pretty raw ones on the list...
I think I expected just a bit more for this story's development regarding the villain of the story. Where they came from, how they got to that point and why... everything was just a bit rushed when the start of the story is much more elaborate.
I still count is as mayyyybe half a star less than the usual 4star rating. It was very good!!
Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.
No comments:
Post a Comment