Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kindred In Death

cover

When the newly promoted captain of the NYPSD and his wife returned a day early from their vacation, they were looking forward to spending time with their bright and vivacious sixteen-year-old daughter who had stayed behind. 

Not even their worst nightmares could have prepared them for the crime scene that awaited them instead. Brutally murdered in her bedroom, Deena’s body showed signs of trauma that horrified even the toughest of cops—including Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who was specifically requested by the captain to investigate. 

When the evidence starts to pile up, Dallas and her team think they are about to arrest the perpetrator. Little do they know that someone has gone to great lengths to tease and taunt them by using a variety of identities. Overconfidence can lead to careless mistakes. But for Dallas, one mistake might be all she needs for justice. (jdrobb.com - All Books)


I read this book in 4 days between full-time work, full-time school, homework and my sister's visit. It has to tell you something... I don't even know how to review it for fear of sounding redundant, but I really enjoyed the ins and outs of the investigation in this one. The way the broke through layers though it was slow for them (brutally slow), they pieced together information after hours of sifting through random data. At the end of it, I felt like I was right there with them trying to find the killer...

~ MINI SPOILER ~

On the other hand, I wanted to read about Charles & Louise's wedding even though they're secondary characters. I didn't want the book to end where it did, but I can let my imagination run wild... and maybe as I catch up to the series they'll reference it. There were several scenes that had me laughing out loud (especially the Mimoto holo-conference, haha!), but I put in my favorite below. Enjoy!

Roarke: "You'd enjoy flying more if you'd learn the controls."
Eve: "I'd rather pretend I'm on the ground."
Roarke: "And how many vehicles have you wrecked, had blown up, or destroyed in the last, oh, two years?"
Eve: "Think about that, then imagine it happening when I'm at the wheel at thirty thousand feet."
Roarke: "Good point. I'll do the flying."
Eve: "Do that, ace."

Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment