SPOILER ALERT!!!
#1 New York Times bestselling author J. D. Robb takes us to the New York City of 2060, where Lieutenant Eve Dallas faces down a cop killer.
Amarylis Coltraine may have recently transferred to the New York City police force from Atlanta, but she’s been a cop long enough to know how to defend herself against an assailant. When she’s taken down just steps away from her apartment, killed with her own weapon, for Eve the victim isn’t just “one of us.”
Dallas’s friend Chief Medical Examiner Morris and Coltraine had started a serious relationship, and from all accounts the two were headed for a happy future together. But someone has put an end to all that. After breaking the news to Morris, Eve starts questioning everyone from Coltraine’s squad, informants, and neighbors, while Eve’s husband, Roarke, digs into computer data on Coltraine’s life back in Atlanta. To their shock, they discover a connection between this case and their own painful, shadowy pasts. (jdrobb.com - All Books)
Brace yourselves for another intense read. This book was sad. If you knew what was coming, you'd be on edge the entire book and nervous and going out of your mind... it did me a disservice that someone had mentioned to me that a member of Eve's circle was the victim in this story. I was actually dreading reading it for the longest time! I'm glad I got through it, but it was very sad at times, especially when Morris wanders to Eve & Roarke's gate. Broke my heart...
One of the funniest moments in this book was when Roarke is about to leave for Vegas and she tries to talk him into staying in case something breaks in the case.
"But... You can bring Vegas here!"
"No. We're going" (or something similar) HAHAHA! It was great :)
Another of my favorite scenes in this book was when Eve is working the case in her home office and the ladies that were gathered at her house trickle in for breakfast. They start talking through the case together and Eve looks around the room at one point amazed at how valuable her civilian friends' points of view are. I liked that she is also taking in how much bigger her "inner circle" has gotten, and it's always nice to read about how it surprises her.
I know there were many more fun moments here and there, but this is what happens when I don't immediately post after I finish reading a book - some of the details get fuzzy. I guess it's okay since the tone of the book was a bit more serious this time around.
Good stuff J.D., gooooooooooooooood stuff!
Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website:
No comments:
Post a Comment