Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Salvation In Death

 
In the year 2060, sophisticated investigative tools can help catch a killer. But there are some questions even the most advanced technologies cannot answer.
The priest at a Catholic funeral mass brings the chalice to his lips—and falls over dead. When Lieutenant Eve Dallas confirms that the consecrated wine contained potassium cyanide, she’s determined to solve the murder of Father Miguel Flores. (jdrobb.com - All Books)

This story was as always captivating and entertaining. I couldn't believe all the twists and turns that crept out of nowhere, and there were a lot! I thought this would also be a good one for people who don't want to read the series from the beginning (even though you will be compelled to do so once you've read any of the books!). It doesn't reveal too much about things that happened other than one couple's upcoming nuptials, and it gives a great overview of the characters' history; just enough to peak your interest.

S.P.O.I.L.E.R!!!!!!!

I had a completely different opinion of the first victim while I read this book. I could not accept the revelations as they came about who he was and what he'd done. And especially, the reason he was in the church. I have to say, well played J.D.! I expected there to be some kind of redemption reason for Lino to have hid all those years in plain sight. Maybe to avenge a family member? Then again, that's why I'm not the writer here... it can never be too predictable or it would become boring, and no one would want to read the next installment.


Find all the books of the In Death series on J.D. Robb's website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment