I don't think I need to say this again, but just in case: SPOILER ALERT!!!
Well, well, well... it was a very good book. I don't know if it hurt me that I saw the movie first, but I still enjoyed it very much. Obviously, books hold much more detail and depth, so that was great. I liked that this book was different from the norm and that I got to prance around in Katniss's head.
I know it bothered a lot of people that the wolf/mutts weren't depicted properly in the movie, but I have to say I understood after realizing the movie was PG-13. I mean, I don't think they could have gotten away with showing what the mutts did to Cato! I think that was one of the more intense parts of the book. I also thought that the author really emphasized the hunger by describing all the food in the Capitol in a way only someone who had gone without could do. That's something they didn't show enough of in the movie either, but then again, I'm not reviewing the movie ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment