
The bizarre murder of a parish priest at a New York bondage club is just the tip of an iceberg that leads Nikki Heat to a dark conspiracy that reaches all the way to the highest level of the NYPD. But when she gets too close to the truth, Nikki finds herself disgraced, stripped of her badge and out on her own with nobody she can trust. Except maybe the one man in her life who's not a caop. Reporter Jameson Rook.
In the midst of New York's coldest winter in a hundred years, there's one thing Nikki is dtermined to prove. Heat Rises. (RichardCastle.net - books).
It took a little while for the story to kick in for me, but it may just be because it's been while since I read the last Heat. I think it was a good story line and it had an interesting arc, even thought it felt very long to read. I enjoyed the usual banter between the characters, and some of my favorite moments always include anything that refers back to an episode of Castle.
I have to say that my favorite "scene" was the entire portion in Central Park. I really thought I was watching the show at that point, or something more intense. It had a lot of character and intensity and everything Heat felt, you felt, haha! I enjoyed the references back to the show again whenever it came to Captain Montrose, but I wish there had been a little less ambiguity about that. Maybe not so much time between reveal? I'm not sure what would work best here.
All in all, it was a good read and I was glad I got back into this series. Enjoy!
Find the Nikki Heat series and other books on Richard Castle's web site.
No comments:
Post a Comment